Thread: Playback issues when raising/lowering volume when connected to car multimedia

Playback issues when raising/lowering volume when connected to car multimedia

OK, well, this is annoying.
    At first when I installed BeyondPod everything worked peachy. Then, two updates ago I think, a really annoying bug appeared.
    When I'm connected to my car's built-in multimedia player via BT, and I raise or lower the volume of the multimedia player (to be clear, it's a physical button / dial on the steering wheel / dashboard) playback would just pause. If I tinker with the volume again it resumes. If I let it be and wait for about ten seconds it resumes as well. I'd happily blame the car, only that it used to work perfectly, and the car didn't get a firmware update or anything.

I have a Nexus 4 running stock 4.4.2. BP version 3.3.68.
    And my car if anyone wonders is a brand new hybrid red Toyota Yaris.

BeyondPod Team
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Frankly, Android and Bluetooth is a bit of an inconsistent mess, and it's almost impossible to get right for every combination of Android version, Device and Bluetooth device (of which there are countless combinations).

• Do you get the same issue if you play music with Google Music?
    • Do you have speed adjustment enabled (regardless of whether or not you're actually adjusting the speed - it's the setting at Menu | More... | Settings | Player Settings | Playback Speed | Enable Speed Adjustment that may (or may not) make a difference). Whichever way it's set at the moment, try the other setting.
    • Do you have Publish Current Episode set in the Advanced Settings (Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | Advanced Settings | Publish Current Episode. Again, whichever way it's set, try the other way.

HTH
    Julie

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for the quick response
    To address your questions,

• No, I do not experience this issue with Google Music, or Audible which is the other app I often use while driving.
    • Yes, Speed Adjustment is enabled.
    • Yes, Publishing is also enabled.

I'll play with those setting and report back

OK, reporting back.

Disabling Speed Adjustment (by itself) didn't solve the problem, disabling Publishing (by itself) didn't solve it, and neither have disabling both simultaneously.

BeyondPod Team
    Do you get the same issue when using Google Music?

No, I do not have the same issue with Google Music or any other service