Thread: BeyondPod Locking Up During Initial Playback of Some Episodes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BeyondPod Locking Up During Initial Playback of Some Episodes

I have been using BeyondPod for a couple of years and have never had a problem like I am describing here until the last couple of weeks. When I initially attempt to launch about 25% of my downloaded episodes BeyondPod locks up. This is only on episodes that I am attempting to launch initially, never on one that has been paused and then continued. Once a file locks BeyondPod it will continue to do so regardless of how many times I attempt to launch it. Even if I wait until after listening to another episode and then coming back to it. The part that really has me scratching my head is that if I launch the problem file in a different player (Apollo in this case) and play back just a couple of seconds of it I can then go back to BeyondPod and play the file.

I recently updated my phone to run CyanagenMod 11 (Android 4.4.2) on my HTC One and am running BeyondPod version 3.3.68. I have read about some of the issues with KitKat, but from what I read that was a write issue only, this seems more read related.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

I haven't come across anything like this, so we'll need some help with toubleshooting.

Are some feeds affected more than others? If so, do episodes from those feeds ever play first time?

Next time you get a lockup, please could you capture an Android log and email it to support.

To do this, use Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | View Logs | View Android log. Once there, if you hit Menu again, you'll see an option to email the log to support.

Please include information about what you did to reproduce the issue, a link to this thread and your forum name. It's important to capture the log straight away, as the log gets shared between all Android processes (even though each app can only see its own entries), and will get overwritten by newer entries if you leave it too long.

Julie

There do seem to be some streams that are more affected. But none of the streams are affected every time.

I tried to capture the log using the above, but when I click on view log nothing happens other than the mini-menu disappearing. Not sure if it was needed but I went into the Advanced Settings (after the log was failing) and clicked the Enable Logging option. The next time it hung I was still unable to see a log.