Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Podcast Ending early

I've had issues with most if not all of my podcasts ending anywhere from 1 second to about 10 seconds early. I am downloading them then playing them. I've noticed it has affected every feed I listen to which come from different sources. I don't have the speed adjustment enabled at all. I also just emailed in the log.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    SCH-i545
    Android 4.4.2
    BeyondPod 3.3.68

BeyondPod Team
    mbatenh1, Do you have playback speed adjustment enabled? If you do can you turn that off and try it again? If it is off can you turn the option on and try it again?

Thanks

Bill

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    For everybody having this issue, could you please also check whether you have the old Presto speed adjustment app installed (regardless of whether you're actually adjusting the speed or not - the app will get used anyway if it exists on your device).

If you do have Presto installed, please uninstall it. BP now has built-in speed adjustment which is much more robust. Presto was very buggy.

Julie

I do not have playback speed adjustment enabled. I tried enabling it and using it at 1.0x and I still had the same issue where the podcast would end anywhere from about 10 seconds early to 1 or 2 seconds early.

BeyondPod Team
    To get a log of what's happening, please do the following immediately after a podcast ends early:

In BeyondPod, go to Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | View Logs
    Open the Android Log
    From the menu, chose email support.

Please include details of what the issue is that you're reporting, and also include your forum name, and preferably a link to this thread.
    If you don't include these details, your log will likely be ignored, as there's no point poring through a log if you don't even know what you're looking for.

Julie

I did all of those things and emailed the log. I captured the log immediately after the podcast ended early.

BeyondPod Team
    OK Thanks. There's lots going on atm, so it may not get looked at straight away, but I'll alert those who need to see it.

Julie