Thread: Download Youtube Feed & Video to Audio

Download Youtube Feed & Video to Audio

Hi there,

on my PC I follow youtube Channels via using my RSS Reader. The RSS feed is:

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/CHANNELNAME/uploads

If I use that feed URL on BeyondPod it shows me the Episodes but downloading them is unfortunately not possible.

Therefore I would like to request to impliment that feature.

Additionally many Video podcasts I follow are just Talks shows where the video is not needed if I could download and convert them into a audio file I could listen to them while using the phone to play or while having the phone in my pocket with no screen image.

Therefore I would like to request that feature too.

Thank you, for your great work with BeyondPod

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It's not (officially) possible to download YouTube videos. The feed may include links to the videos, but they're (presumably) YouTube URLs, not video files. (I can't tell, as I can't access that RSS Feed.)

As to playing just the audio of video files, there's no need to convert. There's already an option to play Video as Audio (Menu | More... | Play Videos as Audio).

HTH
    Julie

YouTube allows one to export your subscribed channels in an OPML file containing all the RSS Feeds. These actually import into BeyondPod and download just fine. The problem is that the downloaded files are shockwave flash by default and the player doesn't know what to do with them. The player should download one of the other supported file formats on YouTube instead. I don't know why it downloads the swf file.. It could be bad links in the RSS feed, or it could be the user agent string that BeyondPod uses isn't recognized by YouTube, so it downloads swf by default.

There's an open source tool called youtube-dl that can take any YouTube URL and download the video from it. I imagine it's a simple matter of constructing the right URL for YouTube's API, so it should be possible to do relatively easily.

FYI, great app... I'm a paid user on Android and love it. But this would be a great feature to fix. Keep up the good work.

Also, would be nice to have playback speed adjustments for videos, like audio and if videos could play in the background, that's be great, too. With these tiny changes, I'd use this app instead of the YouTube one for my subscriptions.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    BeyondPod uses your devices built-in player, so if that doesn't support Flash, BP can't play it.

Anything that attempts to download YouTube videos is going to be a hack of some sort, so you really need to address this from the other end, i.e. getting the download to occur in a format that your built-in player will be able to play.

If Google implements speed adjustment for video, rest assured that BP will be able to include it too. Ditto video playback in the background (which, I believe, is currently only available in YouTube for users who subscribe to Google's Music Key - see https://support.google.com/youtube/a...60868?hl=en-GB). That's a Google limitation in Android.

I have no idea whether it will help, but you might like to investigate huffduffer as an alternative way of creating a video feed that BP might be able to play (on the grounds that it might include a different file type in the feed).

HTH
    Julie

Trying to listen to YouTube with your phone or tablet screen off or in the background? Now, I show you a trick that allows YouTube to keep playing even when your phone or tablet is locked or the screen is off. This tip will also allow you to listen to YouTube with it in the background and you are in another app.

You can download youtube video and be converting video to mp3 or any format. So click here for knowing details...

Hello Friend, you can use savefrom for save video from youtube is very simple. Regards
    Last edited by tonyburgos; 12-04-2019 at 09:10 AM.