Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Play on chromecast audio not working

Play on chromecast audio not working

Somehow I can't play on chromecast audio any more. I can connect with my chromecast, but when playing a podcast the sound will be send through device speakers instead of to the chromecast. Please help. Resetting chromecast and device didn't work. I do can play on the chromecast with the device using other apps.

Casting to chromecast has stopped working

My chromecast device is recognized and when I press the icon and select it, the icon turns green and it claims to be connected.
    However all sound continues to be played through the internal speaker of the phone.
    All other chromecast enabled apps work as expected.

This used to work until maybe one or two weeks ago.

I have exactly the same issue. I've tried multiple Chromecast Audios, with the same result. This was working fine as recently as a few days ago.

I've also noticed this issue since this morning also. It was working normally only a couple of days ago.

Same behaviour on both my Chromecast and Home Mini. In BeyondPod I can see all my cast devices, can connect, is shown as connected with volume control, but when triggering playback, audio outputs on my device, not to the cast device.

Other apps e.g. Spotify work as normal.

FYI I'm using BP v4.2.16 (not going to update from this).

Any thoughts? Recent cast protocol update?

Duplicate thread in Chromecast support section.

http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...io-not-working

Chromecast doesn't work for either audio or video

v4.2.41 not casting with Google Home app

My phone is a Pixel 2XL. Previously I was able to cast audio to my speakers using Google Home. I still have the buttons to do it, & the icon turns green as if it's casting, but the audio continues to play on my phone. I made sure I can still cast other apps (I can). I also get the frequent pausing behaviour.

I am having the same issue. Connect to my chromecast device the icon turns green but audio plays through my device.

Probably because beyondpod is using a deprecated version of the casting SDK and google finally dropped support.

As a workaround, you can cast your entire system audio. Either use the cast icon in your top pulldown menu (if your android has it), or use the "Home" app from google.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

Development has some core upgrades they are working on and one of which is getting the app updated with current Chromecast services. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA from development when we can expect the release with the fixes/upgrades included. I will do my best to push this along faster.