Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't move download folder after kit Kat

Can't move download folder after kit Kat

Because my podcast downloads are bigger than the space left on my phone, I can't move the download folder to a place that works with kit Kat. Also, I can't delete any existing episodes because of the kit Kat restrictions. Any ideas on how to get beyond pod working again?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

BeyondPod can copy your existing folder to a private folder on the SD card where it can write (and therefore delete).

See the FAQ My External SD card has become Read Only after updating to KitKat. What can I do?

You don't say what device you're using, but this may help too:

1. Move your podcasts to the KitKat-compatible folder:
      Menu | More... | Settings | General Settings | Podcast Download folder
      Tap the Move Button
      Choose External card (don't worry that it's not mentioned on the first dialog you see - it'll be there when it asks you where you want to move to)
      This will create a new folder that BeyondPod CAN use (see KitKat and removable SD cards for more information about KitKat and SD cards)
    2. Check that it works
    3. Once it does, use your manufacturer's bundled file manager (which, as a system app, should be able to write to the whole SD card) to delete the old BeyondPod folder on your SD card
    4. Create a new Backup (which will refer to the new podcast download folder) for future use (Menu | More... | Settings | Backup and Restore | Backup

Julie

This didn't work for me. I tried both the internal and external options for moving the download folder. It went through moving all of the podcasts, but then didn't restart, and even if I log out and log back in I still get the same error when trying to refresh. Per Google Play I have the latest version of the app. What else can I try?

I'm having a similar issue, when I try to move it doesn't let me select internal or SD card and when i press continue I get an error message "The destination folder is unavailable or read only!"

I've read all the info on beyond pod's site but it doesn't work for me.

Help! I can't get my external storage to work.

Thank you!

Galaxy S4 running kitkat 4.4.2

I just encountered this problem. Is this not fixable? Should I just delete beyondpod and find another app? The last reply to this thread was over a year ago. I have an s4 that i now regretabbly updated to kitkat and have ran into several issues. Can I please get an answer?? Ive been a fan of beyondpod forver, dl it several years ago on my galaxy s and never had a problem. Even bought the paid version. Ive tried to move my download folder to the external sim but it always cancels the move half way through. What gives?!?!?!

I dont have enough storage area (3.6gb) on my eternal hd. How the hell can I lower that number?

Check out my thread for how I fixed my issue. I hope it helps

http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...d-only!&p=9319

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by rockape View Post
    I just encountered this problem. Is this not fixable? Should I just delete beyondpod and find another app? The last reply to this thread was over a year ago. I have an s4 that i now regretably updated to kitkat and have ran into several issues. Can I please get an answer?? Ive been a fan of beyondpod forver, dl it several years ago on my galaxy s and never had a problem. Even bought the paid version. Ive tried to move my download folder to the external sim but it always cancels the move half way through. What gives?!?!?!
    It's been working for most people since we included the KitKat fix over a year ago. My own podcasts, and those of many other BeyondPod users ARE stored on an external SD card.

Have you followed the most up to date instructions in our help pages? (taking into account my comment about what options you see in the second post in this thread)

If you have followed the instructions, at what point are you seeing problems, and what, exactly happens?

Julie

I have tried all the recommendations of the BeyondPod Team and still cannot get the app to change the download folder and move existing episodes to the SD card. Kinda pulling my hair out with this...very frustrating. When I follow the instructions, the move begins and reaches 360 megabytes and then the app freezes. The move sticks at 360Mb and eventually the the phone will actually reboot. After reboot I go to BeyondPod app and the move has not occurred.

Technical Details:

BeyondPod Version = 4.1.27
    Phone = Moto G 2nd Gen w/ 8GB phone storage and 32GB of external storage on SD card
    Android = Android 5.0.2
    Total Podcasts = 12 consuming 1.67Gb on the main storage
    Trying to move to the SD card that is 32Gb (over 11 Gb of spaced free).

Please help. I like the app and would consider the full version (paid) but it just doesn't seem to work as I need it.

BeyondPod Team
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Using your phone's file manager, could you please check which of the following folders currently exist:

/BeyondPod (on your internal storage)
    [SD card]/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/file/BeyondPod
    [SD card]/BeyondPod

Julie