Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't move download folder after kit Kat

I was using the external SD for a long time, but just a couple days ago got an error saying it couldn't write to the SD card. Using instructions in the FAQ I moved all my podcasts to internal, but I don't have enough internal storage to accommodate all files. Can't move back to external SD, getting write protect error.

Sony Xperia Z3, Android 5.0.2, BeyondPod 4.1.36, 16gb internal, 64gb external

EXISTS ----> /BeyondPod (on your internal storage)
    EXISTS ----> [SD card]/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/file/BeyondPod
    DOES NOT EXIST ----> [SD card]/BeyondPod

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic taste View Post
    I was using the external SD for a long time, but just a couple days ago got an error saying it couldn't write to the SD card. Using instructions in the FAQ I moved all my podcasts to internal, but I don't have enough internal storage to accommodate all files. Can't move back to external SD, getting write protect error.
    I get that from time to time. It either means that Android has got itself in a mess, and THINKS the SD card isn't writable. If this is the case re-mounting the card should fix it (the easiest way is just to reboot the device).
    The other possibility is that your SD card has become corrupted so that Android can't write to it. In that case your only option is to buy a new SD card, and copy the contents of your old one to it.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    I get that from time to time. It either means that Android has got itself in a mess, and THINKS the SD card isn't writable. If this is the case re-mounting the card should fix it (the easiest way is just to reboot the device).
    The other possibility is that your SD card has become corrupted so that Android can't write to it. In that case your only option is to buy a new SD card, and copy the contents of your old one to it.

Julie
    Rebooting the phone did the trick. Moved all downloaded podcasts back to the external SD, now I have space for app updates. Thanks.