Thread: No chomecast button

No chomecast button

I've just purchased a chomecast, and the beyondpod free version and paid version from Amazon app store. I can't see the chomecast stream button thouth when I'm looking at a podcast. I know you hit the options button and it should come up but it won't work. Does it have something to do with the fact that I have the Amazon version and not the google play version? Thanks for any help.

BeyondPod Team
    Unfortunately at this time Chromecast is not supported on the version of BeyondPod that is on the Amazon App store.

The way Google provides support for Chromecast for 3rd party apps requires a Google specific app (called "Google Play Services") to be present on the device. At this point Google Play Services is available (officially) only on devices that have Google Play Store. If you have non Kindle Device (that already has Google Play Store) you just need to get the version of BeyondPod from Google Play Store that does support Chromecast. You can still use the unlock key from the Amazon App Store.

If you have a Kindle device, you can try to install Google Play Services and Google Play Store on the Kindle device manually (here is one link I found: http://www.gizmag.com/how-to-install...-hd-hdx/30736/ ) and then, use the latest version of BeyondPod from the Google Play Store. (I have not tried that so not sure if it will work, but theoretically it should).

Stefan

Thanks for the quick reply. Downloaded the google play version and it works fine. Cheers.

BeyondPod Team
    Amazon don't support ChromeCast, so it will never come to the Amazon version.