Thread: Unwanted Lock Screen Controls - Nexus 7 (2013)

Unwanted Lock Screen Controls - Nexus 7 (2013)

I use BeyondPod on my Galaxy S4 with no problem, but I am having a problem using the tablet version on my Nexus 7 (2013). Both devices are running Kit Kat 4.4.2.

Prior to getting my Galaxy S4 last August I had been using my Droid Charge running Gingerbread 2.3.

On my Droid Charge I had used BeyondPod's lock screen controls, but I no longer use them on my Galaxy S4. The Galaxy S4 has no problem displaying Kit Kat's native media controls on the lock screen.

My problem:
    My Nexus 7 (2013) is acting as if Lock Screen Controls are enabled, despite the fact that there does not seem to be an option for them in the settings. Whenever I turn on my screen, the entire BeyondPod app shows up over the lock screen displaying only the "back" and "home" buttons, and not the "multi-tasking" button. This is not a widget, it is the entire app over the lock screen.

I would like to use the native Android media controls on my tablet just as I do on my phone.

Is there any way to turn off this setting which seems to still be there, but without an option to do anything about it in the settings?

BeyondPod Team
    Are you using the phone or the tablet version on the Nexus 7. If you use the phone version, the setting should be in: General Settings > Lock Screen Controls (it must be OFF)

As I mentioned in my original post, I am using the tablet version.

BeyondPod Team
    Sorry, for some reason I missed that.

When you set it up the tablet version, did you restore a backup from your Droid Charge that had the lock screen controls enabled? If this is the case then maybe the setting got set this way.
    Because the tablet version does not have UI to change that setting, the only option is to uninstall and re-install. Your feeds will be preserved but the settings will be reset to defaults which should clear that flag.

Stefan

Would I need to uninstall the unlock key as well?

BeyondPod Team
    No, just the app.

i fill same problem... how can i ?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by carunlock View Post
    i fill same problem... how can i ?
    The same way