Thread: BeyondPod on top of lock screen when I turn the phone on

BeyondPod on top of lock screen when I turn the phone on

When I'm listening to a podcast and I turn my phone on, BeyondPod forces itself over the lockscreen, then I have to push the home button and then my lockscreen comes up and I can unlock the phone. Is there a way to make BeyondPod to stop forcing itself over the lockscreen? I have a Galaxy Note 2.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Are you sure that it's BeyondPod you're seeing, and not the built-in transport controls that Android displays whenever it detects that something is playing audio while the phone is locked?

BeyondPod can't control whether you get the default Android transport controls.

Julie

It's definitely beyondpod. I see the lockscreen for a second and then beyondpod opens over it.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    So you're saying that when you switch on your phone when a podcast is playing, first you see the lock screen, and then BeyondPod appears full screen without you unlocking the phone? That seems very odd. BeyondPod certainly isn't intentionally overriding your phone's lock screen mechanism (even assuming it could).

What happens if you play something in Google Music and switch your phone off? Does the same thing happen when you switch it back on (allowing whatever time you have configured for the lock screen to kick in)?

This sounds more like a Samsung lockscreen issue (or some other lock screen app/launcher) rather than anything BeyondPod can control.

What version of Android are you running, and what version of BeyondPod?

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    So you're saying that when you switch on your phone when a podcast is playing, first you see the lock screen, and then BeyondPod appears full screen without you unlocking the phone? That seems very odd. BeyondPod certainly isn't intentionally overriding your phone's lock screen mechanism (even assuming it could).

What happens if you play something in Google Music and switch your phone off? Does the same thing happen when you switch it back on (allowing whatever time you have configured for the lock screen to kick in)?

This sounds more like a Samsung lockscreen issue (or some other lock screen app/launcher) rather than anything BeyondPod can control.

What version of Android are you running, and what version of BeyondPod?

Julie
    That's exactly what happens. I just tried google music and it doesn't do it. I'm running 4.3 but it also did it on 4.1.2. I have a Galaxy Note 2 and just installed the 4.3 update this week. I have beyondpod 3.2.55. I'm using Nova Launcher but I don't think it has anything to do with it.

BeyondPod Team
    Do you by any chance have the "old style" lock screen controls enabled (Menu > More > Settings > General Settings > Lock-Screen Controls). This setting is applicable only to pre-4.0 Android devices and must not be checked for 4.0 and later.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    Do you by any chance have the "old style" lock screen controls enabled (Menu > More > Settings > General Settings > Lock-Screen Controls). This setting is applicable only to pre-4.0 Android devices and must not be checked for 4.0 and later.
    That was it. You're so awesome.

I actually have this same issue, but with a Nexus 7 (2013) running BeyondPod for Tablets 3.30.68. Trouble is, the Menu > More > Setttings > General Settings does not have any "Lock-Screen Controls" option; I think it got moved or removed. How do I turn it off and only use the controls on the standard Android lock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    Fixed my problem also, thanks!