Thread: Podcast title info only displaying in car at end of podcast

Podcast title info only displaying in car at end of podcast

Hi
    I have Samsung Galaxy SIII with Android version 4.3.
    To get podcast info to show on my bluetooth car screen (VW Amarok) I have always used the "Publish Current Episode" feature, which has worked fine until the last update.
    Since the last update the info only appears on the screen when the episode ends! If I have several episodes in a playlist the screen always shows the last episode, not the one playing....very annoying.
    The info display works perfectly with Google Music and only seems to "lag" when using BP.
    I noticed that this change coincided with Andriod putting the transport controls over the top of the lock screen (I do not have the BP widget activated). Is this linked and can I get rid of the transport controls from the lock screen?
    Any ideas appreciated.
    Thanks
    Andrew

BeyondPod Team
    In newer versions of Android (4.3 and above) you should not need "Publish Current Episode" as they support sending episode information directly (Publish Current Information relied on a hack that was supported by some manufacturers).
    Have you tried un-checking it to see if this works better.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    In newer versions of Android (4.3 and above) you should not need "Publish Current Episode" as they support sending episode information directly (Publish Current Information relied on a hack that was supported by some manufacturers).
    Have you tried un-checking it to see if this works better.
    Thanks Stefan
    I have just tried that and nothing shows up on the screen at all if I turn off the "publish current episode"http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.png

BeyondPod Team
    When you play something in BeyondPod, turn of the phone screen and then turn it back on - it should opens on the lock screen. Do you see the Android media playback lock screen controls (large album art with a progress and |< > >| buttons. This (android) lock screen mirrors the information BeyondPod sends to the car over Bluetooth. The Bluetooth support is specific to the device so it may have some quirks based on how the manufacturer has decided to implement it.

On last thing I can think of is do you by any chance have the BeyondPod "lock screen" widget on your lock (not home) screen. It is different from the android media player controls above that are shown on the lock screen. I am not sure if your device supports lock screen widgets, but if it does and you have the BeyondPod lock screen widget, remove it and try if it fixes it.

Hi Stefan
    I've tried turning the screen on and off and I do get the transport controls and album art showing on the unlock screen.
    I definitely do not have the lock screen widget installed.
    I have played several podcasts and I am still getting the previous episode details showing until it ends...