Thread: S4 KitKat cannot move to SD Card "The destination folder is unavailable or read only!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

S4 KitKat cannot move to SD Card "The destination folder is unavailable or read only!

Help! I can't get my external storage to work.

I'm following the directions in this post.

http://www.beyondpod.com/Android/hel...SDReadOnly.htm

When I try to move it doesn't let me select internal or SD card and when I press continue I get an error message "The destination folder is unavailable or read only!"

Thank you!

Galaxy S4 running KitKat 4.4.2

BeyondPod Team
    Can you check if by any chance you have something in BeyondPod's custom download folder setting: Menu > More > Settings > Menu (press menu key Again) > Advanced Settings > Episode Download Path.
    This setting should be empty in order for BeyondPod to automatically detect the location of the external download folder. If you happen to have (an incorrect) path in this setting, BP will use it instead of trying to guess it the correct location.

Thank you, I don't have anything in the manual path option. I did try to manually specify the application SD card folder but that did not work either. So it's blank now and does the same thing.

Sorry for jumping on your thread. I am having the same problem and the podcast download folder is gray and will nit let me change it. I have also tried the episode path suggestion and used the suggested: /mnt/my_sdcard and it says that it does not exist or is read only as well. Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    ebk1178,

The path you enter in the advanced settings must exist and be writable so whatever is there must be invalid on your device. You have to find the correct path for your particular device (it differs from manufacturer to manufacturer).

If you have KitKat on your device, one other thing you can try is the latest BETA - we made some improvements to better detect the HTC external SD card.
    You can get it from this forum post: http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/forum...Evolution-Beta
    (The new BETA has a new/redesigned UI so be prepared for a change if you decide to try it)

Stefan

Thank you, I loaded the beta but I'm still having the same problem.

Thanks, Sean

BeyondPod Team
    What kind of external SD card (what size and brand do you have). Do you see and can you write to the external SD card with other applications? I wonder if for some reason the device does not recognize it (it often happens with very large SD cards or counterfeit SD cards)

One thing that can help is if you can post the content of your environment. Go to BeyondPod's settings > Menu (press menu key) > View Log > Environment Info.

Fixed!

I think i was having trouble in general with applications writing to my SD Card. My torrent app was having trouble too.

I formatted my SD card and uninstalled and then reinstalled beyond pod. I then changed my storage folder to the SD card and it worked. I am not going to restore my feed or settings to avoid any further problems but I don't have that many feeds so it's not a big deal to start from scratch.

Thank you for your help!

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you very much for reporting back, that's always useful for us.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ehud6342 View Post
    Fixed!

I think i was having trouble in general with applications writing to my SD Card. My torrent app was having trouble too.

I formatted my SD card and uninstalled and then reinstalled beyond pod. I then changed my storage folder to the SD card and it worked. I am not going to restore my feed or settings to avoid any further problems but I don't have that many feeds so it's not a big deal to start from scratch.

Thank you for your help!