Thread: No dark theme for 4.x?

No dark theme for 4.x?

Hi,

I'm new to BeyondPod but had to try the beta. The only issue I have is that I can't find the dark theme. Is it not there, or am I missing something obvious?

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you for the feedback.

Currently there is only the one theme for 4.x

+1 for dark theme, which in my opinion needs to be mandatory for any app and makes using them a ton easier in the dark as well as being a battery saver.

I Want My Dark Theme.

If you read this and agree, just press "Reply" and say "I Want My Dark Theme."

Maybe, if there are enough replies, the powers that be will bow to the numbers and give us our Dark Theme, rather than just saying there isn't one yet..

Will

"I Want My Dark Theme"

Quote Originally Posted by wperkins48 View Post
    I Want My Dark Theme.

If you read this and agree, just press "Reply" and say "I Want My Dark Theme."

Maybe, if there are enough replies, the powers that be will bow to the numbers and give us our Dark Theme, rather than just saying there isn't one yet..

Will
    You really don't have to do this or frame it this way. BeyondPod has a small dev team, last time I checked, and they're very responsive to user feedback. Additionally, most user feedback doesn't come in the form of people reading the forums and checking all the posts to see if someone's already requested something, it comes as an e-mail to the developer or a new post. If you follow these forums you'll see the same things posted over and over again, and that stuff tends to go towards the top of the list (adjusted for difficulty and existence of a workaround). [Note: By this I don't mean you should post stuff over and over again, just that you get a sense for when something would be a popular feature pretty quickly. Please don't spam the boards trying to get a feature added.]

I think it's already very clear that people like having a dark theme. My guess is that if it's feasible to do so within the resource constraints of the dev team, it'll be done. Otherwise someone from the BeyondPod team will pop in and give us a reason why it's not feasible or can't be a priority.

Oh, case in point, this exact topic has already been commented on by Stefan at least once, with more explicit details about when this feature will be implemented. See this thread for details. It seems that it will be in future versions, but probably not until BeyondPod 4.1.

I agree with the dark theme...

I miss it so much

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    There's no need to add "votes". It will happen. It's just a matter of timescales.

From what I have seen (and I'm not a developer), the Android L / Material Design tools for developers should make adding themes a little easier going forward.

Julie