Thread: disc usage statistics and download progress bar

disc usage statistics and download progress bar

It's true that the automatic episode sync/downloads can consume a lot of space and it's useful that you're warning about it by default. For me, it'd be interesting to see how much space is consumed by all the episodes that I have in stock, preferably in total and per category and per feed. It's an advanced setting which helps to get most out of sync without stuffing the phone's memory too much. Of course it's possible to query BP's total directoy usage but an integrated solution is definitely preferred.

For the download itself, I'd like to see a progress bar in the notification are and/or more detailed progress info in the app's main window. For my phone, the notification messages are too long to read if I hold it upright, which I mostly do. And info in BP would be even nicer IMO.

Thanks for reading,

Sebi

BeyondPod Team
    Sebi,

While on the episodes (middle) tab, if you tap on that tab again you will see a dropdown that lets you switch to a different category. If you select a different category from this list, you will see a small pop-up with the total size of the feed in that category (number of feeds, total duration and total size on the SD card).

When you are running update and download, if you open and tap on the update notification you will see and update and download queue that shows what is about to be downloaded and a progress bar for each download.

Stefan

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Sebi

Could you clarify what / where you mean? (Your post reads as though it's the continuation of an ongoing conversation that I haven't been part of.)

My Episodes view (middle tab) already tells you how many episodes you have downloaded and how much space they take up, and that can already be filtered by category to give the same information for episodes in that category.

If you tap the notification on your phone, you will be taken to an update screen within BeyondPod that shows the queue of feeds to be updated, and then, in the download phase, which episodes are in the queue to be downloaded.

Does that give you the information you want?

Julie

Stefan, Julie,

thanks for the information, that was exactly what I needed to know. Appearently I just didn't notice the statistics.

I still think a progress bar in the notification area would be neat but it'd definitely not necessary.

Thanks again,

Sebi