Thread: Multi-download bug(s)

Multi-download bug(s)

In 4.0.15 there's a not-very-annoying bug where in multi-download mode if you press on an item in the the "Download" control, and the area to the left of it (but not the area to the right, for whatever reason - maybe there's a hidden control on the left keeping the Download control centered?) doesn't select the item. It also doesn't fire off a "Download" event, as far as I can tell, but I think it's stealing focus from its parent container.

Honestly, in multi-select mode for a "My Episodes" version of the Feed, you can probably get rid of the "Download" section of the items anyway, since they are no longer active buttons and are only serving to take up screen real estate and require additional scrolling.

There's also a second bug that I encountered but that I don't have time to exactly reproduce at the moment, which is that for some items, scrolling them almost all the way off the screen or just off the screen, then back on again causes them to appear deselected. I'm not sure if they're actually deselected or if it's just a UI bug. Something to keep an eye out for, I'll let you know if I see it again and if I can figure out how to cause it to happen deliberately.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Could you clarify what you mean by "in multi-download mode" (an annotated screenshot is worth a thousand words).

Thanks
    Julie

BeyondPod Team
    Thanks Paul,

This was a bug, and should be fixed in the next build. Now it will select the item regardless where you press.
    As far as the second issue I have not see it but it is possible. I will play around to see if I can replicate it.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    Thanks Paul,

This was a bug, and should be fixed in the next build. Now it will select the item regardless where you press.
    As far as the second issue I have not see it but it is possible. I will play around to see if I can replicate it.

Stefan
    I believe the second issue is actually caused by the first. I think that it was caused by the item-press not being registered by the UI or something, so I pressed somewhere else on the item. It seemed like there might have been a mismatch between the UI and whatever variable was toggled whenever you pressed on the item, so if I were to press over the "download" button, see that the UI wasn't toggled to that orange color, then press somewhere else in the item to select it (thus toggling the UI color), I've toggled some variable twice. Once the view was scrolled off the screen, it has to be regenerated from the properties stored in the list items I guess, so it would change the UI to "deselect" the item. I'm not exactly sure what state the items were "actually" in, but that hardly matters now. Once the first bug is fixed I think it will eliminate the second bug, but hopefully you should be able to replicate the problem in a deliberately re-broken build if you want to track down the exact nature of the UI inconsistency.