Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moved to sd downloads now say stream

Moved to sd downloads now say stream

Used the move to sd card feature on Galaxy S4. Move worked but all my carefully saved downloads now say Stream. The mp3s are all on the sd card so how can I relink them to Beyond Pod?

Most of the dowloads are no longer available.

BeyondPod Team
    My guess is that the app did not restart completely at the end of move. Can you try restarting the phone and see if that fixes it.

I've attempted this three times but I always get "Stream" for all of my downloaded podcasts.

I verified that I have the proper version of BeyondPod (version 3.3.68). Following the advice of @StefanK, I rebooted; it still show "stream" for everything.

If I go into Settings -> General Settings I see the following:

Podcast Download Folder
    /storage/emulated/0/BeyondPod/Podcasts
    (/mnt/extSdCard is also available as an alternate location)
    /mnt/extSdCard is where it said it was moving the files to. It seems there is something that makes it think the internal sd card is still the current location.

This is exactly what's happening to me as well. It seemed to move the files just fine, and then it restarted, but then it seems to have forgotten to change its setting to actually use the SD card.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    When you say you used the Move to SD feature, do you mean from within BeyondPod, or a Samsung (or some other) utility?

What happens if you try again? (It won't overwrite any of your existing files on your card.)

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    When you say you used the Move to SD feature, do you mean from within BeyondPod, or a Samsung (or some other) utility?
    For me, I used the feature within BeyondPod.

What happens if you try again? (It won't overwrite any of your existing files on your card.)
    I've tried a few times over the past few months, with the same results each time.

Julie
    Hi Julie,

I get the same problem with the Galaxy S4. BeyondPod moved all the podcasts, but despite saying it was going to restart, the actual configured podcast location remains the now empty old location.

I thought about trying the process again, but I get a dialog that says:
    Confirm Move
    Destination folder /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files/BeyondPod already exists! Do you want to overwrite it?
    Will it definitely not remove all my downloaded podcasts, plus the metadata about whether they have been listened to, current position, etc?

Julie
    I didn't have the courage to try that again twice in a row. Each time it happened, I fixed it by moving the files back to internal storage manually.

After that last attempt, I decided to try out 4.0 beta. I have not tried to move the podcasts to SD Card yet.
    Last edited by K Gustavson; 09-02-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Including quote

I moved all of my podcasts (approx. 4GB) to an SD card and ran into the same issue as the OP. I then followed Julie's advice (above) and attempted the action again. The second attempt worked - I'm not sure if it has issues with moving that many files, if it's b/c my phone screen turned off during the move process, etc. My podcasts were NOT overwritten, and now it doesn't try streaming them on playback.

Julie, thank you for this suggestion. It is successful.

You can confirm that this process worked b/c Beyondpod will restart and if you navigate back in the settings, you will notice that "storage/emulated/0/" is identified as the alternate location rather than the download folder.

Hope this is helpful.

I tried some of the suggestions posted on this thread and thankfully restarting the phone actually worked. I've been experiencing the same error just recently and I'm glad to have visited this thread. Thanks for all the help.