Thread: Beta 4.0.16

Beta 4.0.16

It would be nice to have the option to have a black background instead of the white one. Much preferred black.

Also where is the Exit button. It seems to have disappeared.

Plus the new UI is not very intuitive at all. Took me a long time to find my not played list. And as I prefer to manually download new podcasts, depending on the write up, it is far more difficult to identify newly available podcasts.

In addition it is most irritating that if you want to go back from the left hand menu you have to swipe as using the back button closes the app, where as on the right you can use the back button correctly in my opinion.

I also prefer to see download progress in figures rather than a circle!

Not seeing an improvement from the old UI if I am honest in fact it's a bit of a downgrade in usability and I don't think it's just a matter of getting used to it. The only thing that is stopping me from going back to the previous version is that, if you are like other developers, you will probably introduce the changes anyway so I will perceiver hoping you are different and keep giving feedback.

Beyond Pod was the best. Please make sure it's doesn't slip. It has to be as simple and intuitive as it used to be and quite frankly it isn't.

Phil

Me too. Can I please go back to white text on black. All white is too bright and makes it hard to read outside and in a dark room.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilM44 View Post
    It would be nice to have the option to have a black background instead of the white one. Much preferred black.
    It's coming, but possibly not until 4.1

Also where is the Exit button. It seems to have disappeared.
    In line with Android guidelines, apps aren't supposed to have an exit button. You can force an exit from Settings, About, Long press on the version number (which has always worked).

Plus the new UI is not very intuitive at all. Took me a long time to find my not played list. And as I prefer to manually download new podcasts, depending on the write up, it is far more difficult to identify newly available podcasts.
    Could you give a bit more details on how BP3.x worked better for you, and what changes would make this easier for you?

In addition it is most irritating that if you want to go back from the left hand menu you have to swipe as using the back button closes the app, where as on the right you can use the back button correctly in my opinion.
    That's been fixed in 4.0.17, if not earlier (and will there will probably be another change to allow BP 3.x-style specification of a "start" view, to which the back button will go before exiting, like 3.x did).

I also prefer to see download progress in figures rather than a circle!
    Noted.

Not seeing an improvement from the old UI if I am honest in fact it's a bit of a downgrade in usability and I don't think it's just a matter of getting used to it. The only thing that is stopping me from going back to the previous version is that, if you are like other developers, you will probably introduce the changes anyway so I will perceiver hoping you are different and keep giving feedback.
    Thank you. That's what the beta is for - differet users have different use patterns, and it's not possible to foresee what effect some changes will have.

Specific feedback on what could be improved (rather than general "I don't like ..." gripes) will make it more likely that changes will be implemented - especially those that impact a lot of users.

Julie