Thread: Downloaded podcasts won't stream to Chromecast

Downloaded podcasts won't stream to Chromecast

I often create a playlist of 4,5 or more podcasts. I usually download them all locally for playback in the car. But when I get home, I usually begin casting them to my Chromecast. Now it won't cast any podcasts that were downloaded. It will only cast ones that haven't been downloaded. This used to work, but doesn't work any more. Any ideas?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

With Chromecast, BeyondPod ALWAYS streams episodes directly from the internet (i.e. the publisher's website), whether you have downloaded a local copy or not. This is how Goodle designed ChromeCast to be used.

It's possible that the particular episodes you're trying to cast are no longer on the publisher's site, or that there's a temporary issue with connecting to the site. Whether or not you have downloaded the episode won't (or at least shouldn't) affect whether you can stream it.

Julie

First off great App. Love it. Use it in my car everyday. Here is my problem. Start listening to a stream in the car. Park and go inside to continue streaming what I was already listening to on my chromecast. Doesn't work. I can only get a stream to work if I start it from the beginning. I thought it was the publisher's site also. But as soon as I take it out of streaming to Chromecast. It works fine and I can start it anywhere in the episode. Please help and Thank you in advance.

BeyondPod Team
    Burnnitely, is this happening on multiple episodes or is it specific to this feed? What particular feed is this occurring on?

Thanks
    Bill

At first I thought it was the RSS Feed I was listening to. So, I tried random feeds and it happens with all of them. Doesn't matter of episode or RSS Feed. Hope that helps. Thank you in Advance