Thread: Not sure if I am actually downloading an episode to my device.

Not sure if I am actually downloading an episode to my device.

Before the update I knew I was downloading to my device because this app used very little of my data plan. After the update, I go through the same process of adding the episode to My Episodes. Once I play the episode it shows me the little streaming icon while its playing and my data plan shows BeyondPod has eaten up around 900mbs!
    Maybe I am missing a step where I know the episode is on my device and not streaming. I have about a 50 mile commute a day so I listen everyday, so thats why the data has increased i am guessing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I totally agree on this issue. Beyondpod should deal with it asap as the frustration it causes only brings negativity towards the app. It could be very pricy for someone who's unlucky.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Adding to My Episodes is different from downloading (which I agree can be confusing).

However, whenever you're streaming, you'll see a ((.)) symbol. In My Episodes, if an episode hasn't been downloaded, you'll see the DownArrow (download) symbol.

In the screenshot, the top episode is on my Playlist (list symbol with tick), but not downloaded; the second episode is Downloaded, but not on my Playlist (list with plus sign). You can also see the red streaming symbol in the mini player at the bottom.

Screenshot_2014-11-24-22-19-04.jpg

HTH
    Julie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beyondpod's playlist should have the down arrow or ((.))-symbol as well. You do not get any overview of which episodes that are streaming and which ones that are downloaded.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I'm not sure whether there's realistically room on the playlist for the streaming symbol in the space available, but if there are any non-downloaded episodes on your Playlist, the Playlist's three dots menu will include an option to "Download All in Playlist".

Julie

For me, your suggestion isn't a satisfying alternative for two reasons. I do not want to download every episode that I have in the playlist. And the solution does not give me the good overview that I am asking for.