Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickplay shortcuts

Quickplay shortcuts

Since upgrading to the 4.x beta my quick play shortcuts have gone. I used to have a home screen one and used one from Sony's Smart Connect app (performs actions based on plugging in headphones etc) the option to add these no longer exists, its it broken or removed?

I'm using a Sony Xperia SP

The beta is a different app (as far as Android knows), and so you need to re-make your shortcuts and widgets.

I had tried this, but the option to add the shortcut no longer exists; they no longer appear in the list of shotcuts those available for either the home screen or smart connect.

BeyondPod Team
    Quick play shortcuts have been replaced by SmartPlay shortcuts. More information is available here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/he...Update3to4.htm.

You can add a link to any SmartPaly to your home screen (use the "Add to Home Screen" from SmartPlay's overflow menu).

I've found the home screen one but it still means that you can't create shortcuts form other apps or add them from the home screen

Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481 View Post
    I've found the home screen one but it still means that you can't create shortcuts form other apps or add them from the home screen
    I also use the shortcuts to start playlist from other apps such as "SwipePad" and "Tasker". Would it be possible to have these shortcuts available again? I find this being very useful! Thanks for all the hard work!

This combined with the notification option vanishing as soon as you press pause is making me want to go back to 3.x as when it get to winter 4 touches to start playing something means a lot of time with your gloves off, as opposed to just plugging in the headphones and it working.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481 View Post
    the notification option vanishing as soon as you press pause
    You can fix that using "Keep 'Paused' Notification" in the Advanced Settings (Settings | Menu | Advanced Settings).

And/or you might like to look at Headphone Connect to automate and/or control what happens when you connect wired or bluetooth headphones.

BTW, being able to create a shortcut from the homescreen etc. is on the ToDo list.

HTH
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    Quick play shortcuts have been replaced by SmartPlay shortcuts. More information is available here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/he...Update3to4.htm.

You can add a link to any SmartPaly to your home screen (use the "Add to Home Screen" from SmartPlay's overflow menu).
    Where is the "SmartPlay overflow menu" ?

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    You can fix that using "Keep 'Paused' Notification" in the Advanced Settings (Settings | Menu | Advanced Settings).

Wait, where is that option? I don't see an "Advanced Settings" submenu. After accessing "Settings" at the bottom of the left-hand drawer, I see

General Settings
    Player Settings
    Playlist Settings
    Feed Update Settings
    Backup and Restore
    Configure EpisodeSync
    About BeyondPod

And I can't find an "Advanced Settings" anywhere inside one of the above menus.