Thread: Podcast annotations

Podcast annotations

I would have use for a functionality to annotate podcasts. In sound cloud on can make comments at a particular position (time) of a track. This would be great to keep.references or find a song in radio podcasts. Of course one then also needs controls to make the player jump to that particular annotated position.

BeyondPod Team
    Full support for bookmarks has been on our ToDo list for a while. For now you can use the "Share Episode" functionality and share the currently playing episode to a note taking app like Evernote. The share data BeyondPod submits will have the Name and URL of the episode and current playing position and you can use Evernote itself to add any extra information you want. It is not ideal solution but has an extra benefit that you can access your shared episodes from any machine.

thanks for the info.
    Currently I don't plan to create an Evernote account. I tried it but decided to abandon it again.
    Built in support would be really great.

BeyondPod Team
    It will come.

In the meantime, you don't need Evernote. You could do the same thing with Keep or any other Android application that accepts intents that contain text (or text and attachments if you also want to save the podcast itself).

HTH
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by tanha View Post
    Hello Felix! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, but if you have an iPhone, I created an app called Chameleon Podcast Player (https://chameleonpodcast.com/) that allows you to annotate podcast episodes to the timestamp. If you get a chnace to check it out let me know what you think!
    I mean...registering on another companies board to reply to a four year old post to try and take customers to your own product...probably not the most ethical thing in the world.