Thread: 4.0 feeback - pull to refresh

4.0 feeback - pull to refresh

I've been using this version for precisely 2 minutes, and in that time I've accidentally "updated all feeds" at least three times. When scrolling through a long list of episodes and you hit the top, it is too easy to activate the pull to refesh.

But now I've just gone and compared it to gmail, and it seems exactly the same. But I don't have this problem in gmail, so my usage must be different. I guess I rarely scroll around in my inbox.

Oh well, maybe I will get used to it.

(but why the spinning "indeterminate" circle in the action bar, rather than gmail's cool pulsating colors? Oh, is it because you wanted a stop button? But you can get to that by pulling to refesh again anyway.)

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Thanks for the feedback.

BeyondPod Team
    If this gets annoying, you can always disable pull to refresh in BeyondPod Settings > Feed Update Settings > Enable pull to refresh. In this case you can use Menu > Update Feeds.

As far as the "stop" - we actually tried several approaches (including another "pull-to-refresh" as you suggested) - the only one people were always able to easily "find" is the explicit Stop in the action bar so we went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    If this gets annoying, you can always disable pull to refresh in BeyondPod Settings > Feed Update Settings > Enable pull to refresh. In this case you can use Menu > Update Feeds.
    Thanks, I think disabling works for me. It's something I only need to do rarely.

I just had a look at the way feedly does it, and I prefer it. They will only activate the refresh if you let go after the pull. This way you can be scrolling fast, hit the top, realize you're about to activate the refresh, and then...bail out. I realise this isn't the way gmail does it, but I think it's better.