Thread: Beta 4.0.22| My Impressions!

Beta 4.0.22| My Impressions!

Hi guys,

Here is my impreesions on the last version (4.0.22) of the app.

1. You did a great job by changing the cover art displayed on the player again. The 0.19 version was a little weird with that zoom and dark filter.

2. I still miss the dark interface..are you going to give us that opition again?

3. I noticed that some bugs was fixed, very nice.

4. And the last, one thng that is annoing me since the 4.0.19 version. Whta the hell happened with the nice MUG LOGO? What is the new logo? Itīs horrible!!! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I want my mug back! uahuahuahuahuahuah. Its serious, the new logo sucks

Thats my impressions. Keep on the good work.

Agreed on all points. A stylized B isn't much of an icon.

Jury's still out on the notification icons, both the pause and update. The update one is OK, just different IMHO. The play and pause icons are less obvious; the previous versions (inverted from the new ones) were much more immediately comprehensible.

As minor as it is, I liked the old mug logo too. The new one I thought was a face looking to the right with some sort of radio wave coming off of his head for a while. Can you at least load up the older mug icon along with the new one when it installs and let us delete which one we don't want? Maybe update the mug with a graphic of the new icon on it. I noticed another podcast app loads up 2 different colored ones when it installs.
    Last edited by lbw2112; 08-29-2014 at 08:13 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by rabag View Post
    2. I still miss the dark interface..are you going to give us that opition again?
    Me too. Although tbh, I spend most of my time in the player / playlist, where it's dark anyway, so it's not bothering me personally too much.
    A dark theme will come, but possibly not until 4.1.

4. And the last, one thing that is annoying me since the 4.0.19 version. What the hell happened with the nice MUG LOGO? What is the new logo? Itīs horrible!!! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I want my mug back! uahuahuahuahuahuah. Its serious, the new logo sucks
    Doesn't that just go to show you can't please everybody . We were getting complaints from others that they hated the mug icon and it didn't make any sense.

The new logo does have the advantage of being much simpler and stylised, so that it can be used in multiple ways, including as a silhouette. The old one was very "busy".
    I don't think anything is set in stone yet though, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to post (simple) artwork here. And of course, if you're using a custom launcher (e.g. Nova Launcher) you can assign any picture you like to a home page shortcut from your gallery or any other icon pack.

Julie

Iīve stopped using launchers....but thanks for the tip.

I donīt quite understand what does the new logo means...the coffe mug was so nice and reflected my sensation while listening to a good podcast but, as you said, the icon issue is just a personal taste...

Tks