Thread: BUG: playlist is completely cleared seemingly randomly

BUG: playlist is completely cleared seemingly randomly

I'll take a long time refreshing, downloading, and adding new episodes of all my podcasts to the playlist. I'll listen to one or two and then the entire list will be cleared and I'll have none of the episodes queued up to play.

The episodes will still be saved on my device and marked as unlistened, they're just not in the playlist. Several times I've gone through the cycle of adding all my unlistened episodes only to have the playlist cleared then adding again. Only listening to an episode (or manually removing it) should remove it from the queue.

Under Settings/Playlist, there are options for playlist behavior. Try turning off the automatic behaviors.

In the longer term, you should explore SmartPlay and see if it can build playlists you like. Personally, I have categories segregating my listening priorities: up to fifteen minutes, up to half an hour, up to an hour, up to an hour long that I'm behind on, an hour or more that I keep up with, podcasts an hour or more that I'm behind on, and finally longer podcasts I like but are low priority.

I essentially never feel moved to mess with my playlist, and I have several update categories with updates more than 1 day apart to jumble up the more frequent podcasts.

If your listening is directed by other things, a category per interest might be good. The Beta release supports multiple SmartPlay programs, or you can simply tap the first episode in the playlist that matches your interest and off you go.

If SmartPlay provides the tools to build the playlist you like, it saves lots of effort. I do keep the 'skip to end' button readily available to skip and delete an episode I'm not interested in.

'll take a long time refreshing, downloading, and adding new episodes of all my podcasts to the playlist. I'll listen to one or two and then the entire list will be cleared and I'll have none of the episodes queued up