Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wear support

I second the request for wear offline support. I understand the challenge with the slow data sync, but I'm sure there could be a way to reduce. I currently listen to sync'd Google play music during a run, but would prefer sometimes to listen to my favorite podcasts.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Actually, the biggest challenge isn't necessarily the slow data, but the fact that the API for Wear doesn't have any support for syncing back to BP, so BP can't tell what has been played. In other words, what can be achieved doesn't match what people would expect.

Julie

I would also like to be able to sync episodes/playlist to my watch for offline usage. Extra nice would be a possibility on feed level to assign which feeds and how many episodes are downloaded to wear similar to current feed download options. As bluetooth being slow, its probably not and issue. In my use case watch and phone have all working day to do the syncing and be ready in the evening when I go out running. This way I would not need to take the phone along and can listen from watch.

BeyondPod Team
    Before any of that can happen, Google need to offer a mechanism to allow apps to be able to do it ... and to keep your watch in sync with your phone, so your phone knows what you've played. So far, even the offline music facility for phones is pretty basic. And your phone doesn't need to know what you've played on your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Before any of that can happen, Google need to offer a mechanism to allow apps to be able to do it ... and to keep your watch in sync with your phone, so your phone knows what you've played. So far, even the offline music facility for phones is pretty basic. And your phone doesn't need to know what you've played on your watch.
    Keeping track of whats played on watch would be nice but I can live without it as long as podcast episodes are copied to watch.

What you did just recently for wear is great. Thanks. The only other use i would like is probably way outside of what you are looking at. I am using tasker and wear tasker to present a button on my watch when my phone connects to the car bluetooth. That button launches starts smartplay. Phone never leaves my pocket on my commute.

BeyondPod Team
    That sounds as though you're doing it already. Was there something you're requesting?

BTW, if you start BP from your watch - using voice or digging through the menus, or using any of the available wear launchers - and swipe up, you can then swipe left and right to choose any of your SmartPlay lists.

Julie

Still cutting off

Julie

The graphics are still cutting off on my g watch r - do you have an email address I could email photos of the issue to?
    Thanks

Nick

That sounds as though you're doing it already. Was there something you're requesting?

BTW, if you start BP from your watch - using voice or digging through the menus, or using any of the available wear launchers - and swipe up, you can then swipe left and right to choose any of your SmartPlay lists.

Julie

how do I start quick play or a smartlist by voice

I know how to start BP from my watch using voice by saying "run beyondpod" but what I would really like to do is say "play with beyondpod" or "play news with beyondpod" or something like that so in one step I could open it up and start my default smart playlist or identify a quick play. Any commands that do that? It seems like there should be capability of starting a "Quick Play" and voice initiation is implied on http://www.beyondpod.mobi/android/he...ayShortcut.htm but I can't figure out how to do it. I'm probably (hopefully) missing something obvious...

Hi guys,
    As the current wear application is a lot nicer than the basic playing notification it would be nice to have the app as an always on app on the watch (like Google keep). Would this be a big change?
    Best regards,
    Matthias