Thread: smart watch support

smart watch support

No doubt a number of us will be looking at smart watches this Christmas and I wondered if the guys at beyondpod team could tell us if they are planning on releasing a smart watch app and if so are you favouring one brand over another etc.

Interested to know as controlling the podcast from the watch will be one of my primary uses

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    In general, any smartwatch that replicates the notification bar (as Android Wear does) will allow you to control your audio apps in the same way that you could from a bluetooth headset, car kit, etc.

There are no firm plans for other BP-specific controls yet, but watch this space for potential Android Wear-friendly additions to BP.

I have a generic app on my Sony SW2 which provides the normal transport buttons. I suspect that most smartwatches will have something similar.

Julie

Hi guy, I plan to buy smartwatch. which smartwatch you recommend? please help..
    I have found a new watchface pro maker, guys can you help me to try it , Are this can be used ?
    Last edited by jieunu93; 08-11-2015 at 08:32 PM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

That's a bit like saying "I need to buy a car. What do you recommend". It's such a personal thing that nobody can make a sensible recommendation for you without having MUCH more information about what's important to you. It depends what matters to you in terms of style, battery life, etc.

What you DON'T need to worry about is software features. All Android Wear watches are made equal from that point of view (although there are variations in hardware features, such as whether or not a watch has WiFi support, GPS, etc.)

Personally, I use Watchmaker to design my own (digital) watch faces, but it's a matter of preference.

For help with choosing an Android Wear watch and/or designing watch faces, I'd recommend posting in one of the many many forums that are dedicated to those topics. Other than BeyondPod's support for Android Wear in general (which will work the same on any Android Wear watch), it's rather off topic here.

Julie