Thread: "Recommended apps (earphones)" on my Samsung phone

"Recommended apps (earphones)" on my Samsung phone

My Samsung S4 Mini (Android 4.4.2 stock unrooted) has an entry in the system notification pulldown labelled "Recommended apps (earphones)" that only appears when my earphones are plugged in. BP isn't in that list; the obvious choices are there, and (bizarrely) 2048 is listed (go figure).

I have no idea what property the system pays attention to in order to be in this list, but it seems like BP should be on that list.

There's no such entry on my N7.

BeyondPod Team
    Dennis, Those recommended apps are specific to certain Samsung devices and what apps show there should be a list of "Most Active" apps used while headphones are plugged in. At lease that is the theory behind it.

Thanks
    Bill

Hmm... that's a fine thought, but if it's supposed to be the apps *I* use most with phones, it's way off. I can understand 2048 appearing, I often play while listening, but other games I play more often while listening are not listed, BP isn't listed, and Messaging and Camera *are* listed; I don't think I *ever* use them while listening. That's why I ASSumed it was some property of the app, rather than some heuristic the system was using.

Ahh, google to the rescue: Recommended Shortcuts (Earphones) ... How do I remove this?.

The shortcut advice worked, but turning it off there didn't actually turn it off. Disabling PageBuddyNotiSvc from Application Manager (scroll over to ALL) did the trick. The screen still turns on when I plug in, but there's no notification and no useless list of apps.

I'll be playing around with it; other google results describe ways to mess with the list: delete the app's data, plug in, crank up your favorite apps.

Thanks for the answer! It got me looking around!