Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Playback speed

Hmm. I am glad that there is a solution working for at least some of us.

No kidding, it's painful to go back to regular speed after being used to 2.3x. All of the podcast hosts sound drunk and like they are slurring their words.

Agreed...

So glad I found this thread, this was driving me bonkers. Being able to listen to podcasts at x1.5 or x2 allows me to get through all my podcasts a lot quicker. Particularly good for the 1.5hr long Twit TV ones (like Security Now). In fact it's quite funny listening to them at normal speed as I had forgotten how they spoke.

The Bible app from YouVersion is by far the best, at least in my experience. I do hope they sort it out, because I use it regularly. Any news on this?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by iagdotme View Post
    The Bible app from YouVersion is by far the best, at least in my experience. I do hope they sort it out, because I use it regularly. Any news on this?
    Our fix (workaround to their problem) has been available for a few days (see StefanK's post). I've seen a tweet from them today to say they have also been beta testing a fix, and should be available from today.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Our fix (workaround to their problem) has been available for a few days (see StefanK's post). I've seen a tweet from them today to say they have also been beta testing a fix, and should be available from today.

Julie
    Yes, thanks. I wasn't really wanting to have to uninstall and then install the beta version of BeyondPod and potentially lose my settings, and then I realised how easy it was to install the beta version. Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Just for the record, we don't recommend uninstalling - just update.

Thanks, everyone.

I came here, because I was finally getting around to dealing with this issue. I found this thread, then looked and saw the YouVersion update waiting for me in the Play Store. Update YouVersion and problem solved!