Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playback speed

Another chime in for Playback speed stopping working today, and sure enough uninstalling Bible temporarily fixed the problem (because now I have a new problem, I don't have the Bible app.) Driving to work was so painful, all of my podcast hosts sounded drunk (usually listen at 2.3x). Subscribed to this thread and hope it gets resolved. Thanks to the first guy who figured out the connection!

Hi I'm so glad someone else is having this problem. I barely was able to register on this site so my skills are really lacking on this techno stuff. I'm confused . Did someone figure it out? Can I get some easy to follow instructions? Please help.

Yesterday I noticed that everything is playing at 1x speed. (it's torture). Today I Un installed and re installed. No fix.
    Then I joined some group to try the beta version, (barely). Still no fix.
    And what the heck is a plug in and do I need one. I think I saw something in my apps called ANT plug in or something like that. BTw I also have bible.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Ryan

Un installing bible worked for me

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Tip: I've mentioned it before on this forum, and I'll mention it again: For those of you who have been caught out by an update to an app and want to be able to revert to previous versions, you don't need to be rooted to make backups of APKs.

It's too late for anybody who already finds themself in this situation, but you can guard against it happening again. There are at least two apps in the Play Store (I've used both of these two personally) which allow you to backup APK files and use them to recover from just such a situation. Both can be set to automatically save the new APK every time you update an app, and to automatically save <n> older versions, so that you can revert if you need to, so you get a "set it and forget it" solution ... ready for when you need it. Both allow you to backup the APKs for all your currently installed apps. And both are free. Of course, they also allow you to save and reinstall from APKs for apps that no longer appear in the Play Store (I have one or two of those too).

The Apps I've used are
    App Backup & Restore from INFOLIFE LLC
    AppMonster Free Backup Restore from think Android

Caveat: A very small number of developers lock their apps, which means that they have disabled the ability for their APKs to be backed up. In that case, the best the backup apps can do is to save a link to the app in the Play Store, which means you lose the ability to revert for just those apps. (And you can see in the backup apps which those are.)

And, of course, you'll need to enable installation from Unknown Sources in your device's System Settings.

Update: I've never had this issue, but apparently there have been some changes that prevent older versions of apps from being installed over newer ones. There's an app for that too ). See AppDowner Downgrades Android Apps to Older Versions

Hope this helps prevent some future pain.

Julie
    Last edited by juwlz; 09-18-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Additional information

Uninstalling Bible app worked for me either.

Lead Android developer for YouVersion just tweeted: We have a fix in testing right now.

https://twitter.com/robisaks/status/512624667681505280

Thank you Jay Jirsak. Your Bible uninstall worked for me as well. Now I just need to figure out how to get the prior version of Bible.

I also have the same playback speed problem and have both apps. I also noticed Chromecast playback has stopped working. Related?

BeyondPod Team
    Almost certainly related. Nobody's touched Presto since years before ChromeCast was ever available. Unless something has changed (which seems highly unlikely) it won't support ChromeCast either

BeyondPod Team
    There's no shortage of Bible apps out there. Is this the one that's causing the problem https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bible.android ?

If not, could somebody please post the Play Store link for testing?

Thanks
    Julie