Thread: BeyondPod is AbandonWare?

BeyondPod is AbandonWare?

So many problems and the last update was in March? It's late September. Have the devs given up on BeyondPod?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Very far from it. BeyondPod 4 is in active public beta test at the moment. See the 4.x beta section of the forum if you'd like to join in.

As to "so many problems", we can't fix what we don't know about. What problems are you referring to?

Julie

I have sent 9 logs with info about the stop/start/pausing that happens during playback. Not so much as a "thank you we are working on it". This started back in June (just search for my posts and other people's).

I would love to come back. I've been using Pocket Casts and it's just not as feature rich as BeyondPod.

BeyondPod Team
    Sorry about that. I can't see any mention in the threads that you've sent logs. Did you include information in the emails that you sent linking to the thread, and what problem the log was showing? We received huge numbers of support emails each day, and any log received without any explanation will, I'm afraid, be ignored, since we don't know what we're looking for.

Julie

Hi Julie, yes, I did include a link to the thread. However, I've just downloaded and am setting up the beta version. So far, it's very intuitive. I'll look elsewhere, but looking for SmartPlay in the beta.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by wekebu View Post
    I'll look elsewhere, but looking for SmartPlay in the beta.
    It's in the right hand slide out drawer (which you can also access by tapping on the playlist icon in the top right hand corner). BP 4 supports multiple playlists.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    wekebu, as far as the playback choppiness, can you turn off the option for for Playback speed adjustment? To get to this go to Settings -> Player Settings and remove the check next to Enable Speed Adjustment. See if this helps the choppy playback and let us know if it works.

Thanks
    Bill

Bill, the beta v4.0.24 is working very well. No pausing, etc. BTW, I still have my emails with the logs from July & August.