Thread: BeyondPod Unable To Connect to Podcast Feed

BeyondPod Unable To Connect to Podcast Feed

Run into this issue more and more with the new version, so not sure if it's just a coincidence or caused by BeyondPod.

Some podcast feeds just won't update/download properly.

Case in point: Futility Closet.

The podcast feed is here: http://feedpress.me/futilitycloset

It's live. I've played the current episode through iTunes and the web view. But when I try to update the feed or download anything, it times out. I listen to ~30 podcasts and this is one of the only ones that gives this error. What gives?

I know this is frustrating, but "It works for me". I added that feed and downloaded three episodes (first, last, somewhere in the middle) without any problem whatsoever. Can you access that URL from the browser on your phone?

I'm on a Samsung S4 Mini, BP 4.0.26, Android 4.4.2.

Not frustrating at all. That fact that it works for you is actually helpful. Because you said that, I decided to play around and see what else was up. Turns out it works fine when I am connected to wifi but refuses to work when I am on cell service. Bear in mind that virtually all other podcasts operate normally when I'm on cell signal only. Any idea what could be causing that? Never run into that before.

That smells like your cell provider is blocking it. I don't find any notes about feedpress spamming people, so I have no idea why it might do that.

What do you get when you go to the feed in your phone's browser? Most ISPs will at least return a page with clues.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm getting this:

HTTP ERROR: 504
    Gateway Timeout

Thanks for your help, Dennis. Just reported the issue to the engineering department of my cell service. We'll see what comes of it!