Thread: SOS-Loading older rather than newer podcasts

SOS-Loading older rather than newer podcasts

Beyond Pod is one of the best apps I have ever used. I am stumped. I just got a new phone and am loading my favorite podcasts. The problem is that they are loading episodes from March and April rather than the most recent (Most of the them are from ESPN). What setting do I need to change so I can load the more recent podcasts instead of one that almost six months old. Thank you in advance!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing you've got your feeds set to Download in Order, rather than Download Latest.

However, that aside, if you still have your old phone, you could copy your full settings across as follows:

1. On your old phone, in BeyondPod, go to Menu | More... | Settings | Backup and Restore
    2. Create a Backup.
    3. Copy the entire BeyondPod folder to your new phone
    4. In BeyondPod restore from backup

That way, BeyondPod will know what you've previously downloaded, and will also have a copy of your existing downloaded episodes before it starts doing any updates.

HTH
    Julie

Thank you Julie-that definitely what I missed. I have another obvious question. I used to be able to "drag and drop" the order in which the selected episodes play. I can't seem to do that now. Thanks in advance!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    You have to be looking at the Playlist (right hand tab) to drag episodes into a different order.

Thank you. I was trying on the Playlist page without any luck. But after seeing your post I continued trying until I selected episode along the extreme left, it became highlighted, and I could drop and drag. Not as easy as the earlier version but it works.

Thanks for pointing this out. I appreciate the assist!