Thread: BeyondPod playing different podcast than the one I select

BeyondPod playing different podcast than the one I select

I've been using BeyondPod (currently v3.3.68, which I believe is the most up-to-date stable version on Google Play) on my Galaxy S4 since May 2013 (and on other phone prior to that)and today is the first time I'm experiencing this. Shortly after playing a downloaded podcast (I have streaming turned off), it switches to a different podcast from a different feed, but still shows the artwork/description for the original podcast I selected to play. Sometimes it switches to the second podcast completely, other times it's alternating between the two.

I've force stopped/restarted the app and cleared cache to no avail. I didn't trying clearing data or uninstalling/reinstalling because I'm not sure if that will delete the podcasts I've downloaded. Any advice? Thanks.

Edited to add: It seems to only be happening on podcasts I've downloaded today. After more than 30 minutes of listening to a podcast from Sunday, it has not happened yet. And it's happening on different podcasts from different sites so it doesn't appear to be a problem with a particular source.
    Last edited by sej; 10-09-2014 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added additional info

To update this situation, it appears to be a BeyondPod-specific issue. Downloading the podcast directly from the RSS feed and listening in the default Music player works fine. I also downloaded Dogg Catcher Lite this morning and the same podcasts that were screwed up in BP this morning are fine in DCL. I'll download the BP Beta this weekend to see if that fixes it. If not, and I can't get help from the BP team to figure it out, I may have to buy the full version of DC and switch to it.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    You might like to try the beta version of BP 4.x to see if you get the same issue before jumping ship.

There are also logs we can examine to determine what's happening if that doesn't help.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    You might like to try the beta version of BP 4.x to see if you get the same issue before jumping ship.

There are also logs we can examine to determine what's happening if that doesn't help.

Julie
    Believe me, I don't want to jump ship, but I listen to podcasts all day at work so I need an app that works properly which is why I paid for BP to begin with. I like BP (and the beta UI is a big improvement) but this is a major problem if a podcast manager is having issues doing what should be its most basic function: playing podcasts. I don't want to have to pay for another one, especially since after using Dogg Catcher for a couple days I feel it's inferior to BP, but I need a functioning podcast manager with all of the feeds I have.

I downloaded the beta and downloaded one episode to test it out and it's still playing two different podcasts in the file. Which log(s) should I send? There are options for Environment Info, View Update Log, View BeyondPod Log, View Android Log, View Sync Log. Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Thanks for persevering. I have only ever seen something even vaguely similar once, and on that occasion, rebooting the phone resolved it.

However, to get the appropriate log, please reproduce the problem, and then immediately go to Settings | Menu | View Logs ... and select the Android log. From there, you can access the menu to share the log (Email support). Please include your forum name and the title of this thread in the body of the email, together with a description of the issue that the log is about (including the name of the episode you were trying to play, and the one that actually played), so those who analyse the log know what they're looking for.

Thanks
    Julie