Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Delete Played" is too hidden

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    One reason it isn't is because the default setting is to automatically delete episodes after playing, in which case there's no need to delete manually at all.
    The only reason I need this is because I mark certain episodes as played, then need to delete played. I won''t go into why but I'm sure others do this.

I don't like automatic deletion because I often seem to accidentally play episodes without realising it (ie: I don't hear them, because I'm not using my headphones while they're playing).

Also I notice that the beta often seems to incompletely download podcasts, so I have to manually re-download them. It's easier to figure out what needs to be re-downloaded if they haven't been automatically deleted prematurely.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartajc View Post
    The only reason I need this is because I mark certain episodes as played, then need to delete played. I won''t go into why but I'm sure others do this.
    We've also realised that 4.0.32 is also defaulting to filtering out played episodes, so you need to remove the filter to be able to see them. That should be addressed in a future update.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    One reason it isn't is because the default setting is to automatically delete episodes after playing, in which case there's no need to delete manually at all. If there are some feeds that you don't want to do this for, you can prevent automatic deletion for the feed, or you mark a particular episode as a favourite to prevent its automatic deletion after playing.

That's pretty much the standard place for Settings in modern Android apps. GMail is a good example.
    However, you should find that you can "fling" to get to the bottom in one move, rather than scrolling page-by-page.

HTH
    Julie
    One of my favorite podcasts is a radio program that treats every segment as a separate episode. As a result - it can have anywhere from 2-24 episodes per day published (4-8 episodes per day being the most typical). Right now, I have 114 episodes downloaded of which only 77 are unplayed. I have yet to figure out how to do a bulk delete of played episodes.

And that is despite fully exploring menus, searching the web and exploring the forum.

Help!!!