Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All I want is the "all feeds" screen back.

Yes, I want to have this kind of feature too. An overview of all feeds is much preferable instead of getting a list of every individual podcast episode. I'm grateful for the updates and the team's effort on all of this. Hopefully, this feature will be added sometime soon.
    Our company offers excellent Refrigerated Air Drier Repairs in Adelaide. For more info, please visit http://absolutecoolingservices.com.au/air-drier-repairs

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    In the feed drawer (which you can access by dragging from the left side of the screen), instead of tapping on the category name, tap on the down arrow to the right of it to see a list of feeds in that category.

In that list, you'll see how many episodes you've already downloaded (or marked for streaming) to the right of the feed name, and the number of new episodes and the date of the most recent episode underneath the feed name.

HTH
    Julie

Yeah, I know. I mentioned it in the first post - specifically, that the current implementation is so clunky that it might as well not be there. The list is in small print, it starts halfway down the screen, it's only visible when a sidebar is open (making the interface that much busier) and it requires tapping an even-smaller arrow to open the drop-down list, which, if fat-fingered, will take me to the All Episodes menu and force me to go through the whole process again.

Not only is all of that bad UI design because it adds friction between me and the view I want, it's also really aggravating to have a heading for All Feeds that, when selected, takes me to a totally different menu - All Episodes. When I was first trying to learn the 4.x interface I kept going back and forth between the sidebar and the episodes list because I was sure I'd hit a wrong button somewhere that caused it to open the episode list instead of the feed list - why wouldn't hitting the All Feeds button open the All Feeds window?

I still can't think of a good answer to that question. Tapping All Feeds should open All Feeds, and the way to get to All Episodes should be by hitting a button marked All Episodes. That's UI 101 -- the buttons should do exactly what they say.
    Last edited by Shale; 11-12-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Yes, I completely agree. There are several reasons -
    1 - Seeing all new episodes in every category is very useful functionality. The alternative, of having to look in every category separately for new feeds is very inconvenient.
    2 - The UI is now inconsistent, as at least one of the other posters has mentioned. For example, if I open a category, I see a list of all feeds within that category and number of new episodes next to the feed. However, when I open "All feeds", I only see a list of all new episodes. This is inconsistent, and very inconvenient, as I don't automatically listen to all podcast episodes in the order in which they are released, which is the way this screen shows and plays them.

You really really blew it with this design change.

I used the old feeds page to browse through the episodes that were available for each of my 40+ podcasts, and for most of the podcasts i would download manually the interesting episodes, only for a very few did I download every episode.

Everything with huge fonts so you need to scroll and scroll. Horrible.

This is what I want as well. I want a list of all the feeds I'm subscribed to, I want to click on a feed, see a list of all published episodes, and then download episodes that look interesting. I guess this update it for people who use the smart playlists feature, but that's not how I listen to podcasts. I'm going to keep giving this a try, but it might be time for me to find a new one.

The arrow in the sidebar option helps, but it still seems overly complicated.

I also don't understand why I have to click "add to my episodes" before I can select stream or download. Why not just have the stream or download buttons there?

I want: see list of feeds...click a feed...see episodes...download SELECTED episodes

aaronmw wrote EXACTLY what I want. Please rejigger v4 to recapture what was so good about v3. Thank you aaronmw for being so articulate.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronmw View Post
    This is what I want as well. I want a list of all the feeds I'm subscribed to, I want to click on a feed, see a list of all published episodes, and then download episodes that look interesting. I guess this update it for people who use the smart playlists feature, but that's not how I listen to podcasts. I'm going to keep giving this a try, but it might be time for me to find a new one.

The arrow in the sidebar option helps, but it still seems overly complicated.

I also don't understand why I have to click "add to my episodes" before I can select stream or download. Why not just have the stream or download buttons there?