Thread: Add more feed update settings

Add more feed update settings

I'd like to be able to have BeyondPod:

1) The options for updating feeds should be similar to the options for downloading: there should be a 'update on wifi only' and 'update if charging only' options to go along with the current 'download on wifi only' and 'download if charging only' options. Right now, there is an option for 'use mobile data' but the wording and use should be consistent for download options. If everything is unchecked, right now updates will only happen on WiFi and downloads will happen on mobile data or wifi--the options should be consistent. In my opinion, they should both default to use WiFi only, and should be checked to enable use of mobile data. There is no option at all right now to tell BeyondPod to only updating when on charger.

2) Add additional power option for downloading of "when battery above xx%". Add same option to for updating.

3) Add option to download and/or update if scheduled timed is missed (because of wifi, charger, or battery conditions) that it will update as soon as those conditions are met. For example, if I am configured to only update via WiFi at 4am, and at 4am my wifi is down, but at 9am my wifi is working again, then it will go ahead and and update the configured feeds. For battery sake, it can re-check conditions every 15m or hour (or configurable) or something.

4) Add support for additional update schedules. I have at least one feed that I would like to update and download every hour (if on wifi and charger), but I don't want to update and download all feeds every hour.

Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by samej71 View Post
    I'd like to be able to have BeyondPod:
    [ ... ]
    4) Add support for additional update schedules. I have at least one feed that I would like to update and download every hour (if on wifi and charger), but I don't want to update and download all feeds every hour.
    Each category can have its own update schedule, so you can use the feed's second category to update some feeds at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    Each category can have its own update schedule, so you can use the feed's second category to update some feeds at different times.
    Thank you. I had not seen that option on the individual feed context menu, I was only looking at the "Settings" -> "Feed Update settings". I've added an "Hourly" category and set its schedule to update every hour.

So, request #4 is moot since it is already implemented, but I sincerely hope they will add requests 1 through 3.

Thanks again