Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download of Chrome Extension?

im having this same problem in the chrome web browser.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/

BeyondPod Team
    I think the problem may have to do with the extension. It seems like (at least on Windows) Arc Welder can get confused if the extension is not .apk.

Can you try to re-download BeyondPod from the above link (I changed the extension to .apk) and try to run it trough Arc Welder again. If it still does not work, you can try Chrome 43 (https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html)
    I was able to get it to work on Windows 8.1 64bit with Chrome 43. It should work with 42, but that may depend on the Windows version (7, 8 ,8.1, 32 vs. 64 bit etc.)

Still no luck for me. But with that version and chrome 43 it does load the logo but then crashes.

Im on windows 7 64bit. Also using an AMD processor if that matters.

What is the time line and end game for this project? Once google allows payment for chrome apps will you be working on both a chrome version and a chrome OS. Or is this always going work around for chrome users? I would be more than happy to pay for this feature for chrome!!!

That worked for me. I'm using Chrome 42.0.2311.152 m (64-bit). Is there any difference between the Play Store and the ARC version?

I have a suggestion. Is there a way to allow for Chrome keyboard shortcuts with the extension? It would be nice to be able to control playback using my keyboard.

BeyondPod Team
    ARC and PlayStore versions are almost identical - ARC version has a few optimizations that make it work better in Chrome (for example Pull-to-Refresh is disabled by default and few other small changes).
    Adding shortcuts is certainly doable - but as far as playback, it is a bit tricky as the correct Chrome (.. and BeyondPod) window needs to have focus for the keys to be recognized.

BeyondPod supports remote control interface which allows it to respond to all transport control commands. It is matter of Chrome designating some keys as play/pause etc and send those keys to BeyondPod as media commands. This way it will work with any app (not only BeyondPod).

There is already a suggestion open with the ARC team to support that. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ning-in-chrome
    You can "star" the bug to "vote" for it to get implemented (it is a link at the very bottom of the last post).

Thanks for the information. I starred the issue. In the future, could you please post a new ARC file when you update the extension?

Is 4.1.32 still the latest Chromebook version? All the talk about arc and crx is really confusing - it's no longer clear to me how we should be getting the latest build.

Thanks

BeyondPod Team
    Yes, 4.1.32 is the latest Chromebook version.

• If you have a Chromebook - get the extension (v4.1.32) directly from the Chrome Web store
    • If you have a Windows/Mac/Linux machine - currently, you can't install it from the Chrome web store and you need to "build" it yourself using ARC Welder as described here. Latest ARC version is 4.1.39 and is linked in the post.