Thread: Ability to add shortcuts to smartplay lists from other apps such as car dock launcher

Ability to add shortcuts to smartplay lists from other apps such as car dock launcher

Hi,

I would like to be able to add shortcuts from other apps such as car dock launchers.

Currently, the only way I can find to create a shortcut to a smartplay list is from the beyondpod app itself. Unfortunately while this is great for adding shortcuts to my homescreen launcher, I cannot add a shortcut to a smartplay list to my car dock app (I use car home ultra but I believe the same will apply to other car dock apps).

I would imagine this is a fairly important use case for beyondpod shortcuts! I know I can probably work around this using tasker tasks but it would be nice not to have to - and I'm sure some people will not be able or want to do that.

Cheers,
    Sam

BeyondPod Team
    insanimal, This is currently not possible but is on the list to added in the next release.

Thanks
    Bill

Did this ever happen?

Not that I can tell. :-( I'm going to give it a go with tasker

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    No, I'm afraid it didn't. I'd like it too, though, so hopefully there's still some chance.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It's still on the ToDo list, but
    a) the introduction of multiple SmartPlay lists meant that some additional UI would be needed to select which one you want, which delayed it, and
    b) changes are planned for permissions related to creating shortcuts in M (and it's not clear how these will work yet), so it will probably be something that gets incorporated in an M-compatible release at some point in the future - assuming that M doesn't exclude the possibility of adding shortcuts at all, which seems a possibility, since it's lumped under "legacy" permissions.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    It's still on the ToDo list, but
    a) the introduction of multiple SmartPlay lists meant that some additional UI would be needed to select which one you want, which delayed it, and
    b) changes are planned for permissions related to creating shortcuts in M (and it's not clear how these will work yet), so it will probably be something that gets incorporated in an M-compatible release at some point in the future - assuming that M doesn't exclude the possibility of adding shortcuts at all, which seems a possibility, since it's lumped under "legacy" permissions.

Julie
    Many thanks for the informative update :-) it's appreciated.