Thread: Any way to get old layout back on v4?

Any way to get old layout back on v4?

Just upgraded to v4 and man that layout is horrible. What were you thinking? Why put feeds in a sidebar?! That is your central thing! Half the time when I scroll through it thinks I want to swipe away the sidebar, which stops the scrolling.
    You can't easily see what episodes are unread while scrolling through fast anymore, since the difference is between a light grey and white, while before it was a bright blue dot on dark background. Even more hard is to see which episodes are actually downloaded and which are just added.
    Everything seems to take one more click than before. Adding episodes, deleting them, etc.
    I give you, it looks slick, but that's about the only thing it has going for it and if I valued deisgn over functionality I'd have an iPhone, not an Android.

So how do I get the old layout back?

registered just to add my support for this. It took me long enough to get used to the old interface.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    We're working hard to improve things for those people who are finding that specific functionality is missing or more difficult to find in v4 - but for that we need specific feedback.

Of course, what's core depends on how you use BP. BeyondPod's strength, customisability, is also its weakness. Different things are core for different people. Different people have different use patterns. It's impossible to code and support the "perfect" UI for everybody. Some people subscribe to a set of feeds, have a schedule to update and download them automatically, and have a selection of SmartPlay lists to pick from according to mood or circumstance. Those people may never even look at the feed list except when they want to add or remove a feed.

@Slowking If you "live" in the feed list, you can make that the default view when you open the app (and the view that it goes back to last, before exiting). That's in General Settings, 'Home' Screen.
    We can look at making the "sideways" sliding that closes the drawer be less sensitive.
    We're working on increasing contrast and other indicators in the various screens to improve distinctions between different states
    We're also working on decreasing the number of steps required for common actions.

To get the old layout back, you'll find a link for how to revert to v3 at the bottom of Welcome to BeyondPod v4!.

HTH
    Julie

I don't get what the My Episodes feature is supposed to accomplish? Why do i have to add individual episodes to My Episodes to be able to do anything with them like add to playlist or download more than one at a time. Also, I download 100% of my episodes and the one touch button was nice. now i have to do a minimum of two presses, one being a long press, to download. Also, the white interface is kinda harsh. the black theme from the previous version was easier on the eyes. I blame Microsoft for this stupid trend of blaring white for everything.

Finally, and this could just be something I'm not doing right, but i could never get the episodes to download automatically. I set the time to check for new episodes, but always have to manually download when the time comes to listen to them.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by EcksFactor View Post
    I don't get what the My Episodes feature is supposed to accomplish?
    It's the same as the My Episodes tab in v3.

Why do i have to add individual episodes to My Episodes to be able to do anything with them like add to playlist or download more than one at a time. Also, I download 100% of my episodes and the one touch button was nice. now i have to do a minimum of two presses, one being a long press, to download.
    That's being streamlined in the next release.

Also, the white interface is kinda harsh. the black theme from the previous version was easier on the eyes. I blame Microsoft for this stupid trend of blaring white for everything.
    4.1 will have a dark theme

Finally, and this could just be something I'm not doing right, but i could never get the episodes to download automatically. I set the time to check for new episodes, but always have to manually download when the time comes to listen to them.
    That could depend on a number of different things - whether or not you have the paid version, how you have your feeds configured (do you have them set to download, stream, ignore or Manually download?), what settings you have in Feed Update Settings, etc.

Julie