Thread: Paused notification can now be dismissed - why?

Paused notification can now be dismissed - why?

The paused notification is now dismissable when the episode is on pause. Why is that? I have combed through settings, but I can't find anything to reverse that back to how it was (nondismissable). Maybe I'm blind, but if not, can you please give me a choice in the next update?

The only reason I can think of is they got rid of the close button and changed it to a swipe.

BeyondPod Team
    In 5.0 Google guidelines are to use the swipe-to-dismiss instead of the X (it works same as Google Play Music).

It's nice that you are complying with the guidelines (and I really like the addition of the yellow top bar in the app btw). But this is annoying the hell out of me, because I really liked that I always had access to play/pause button with just a swipe down and tap. Now if I use the "dismiss all notifications" it also dismisses beyond pod. So now I mainly just dismiss them individually.

Can you please add an option to settings to be able to choose (to add the 'X' back and be nondismissable)? You can keep this new thing as the default feature and still comply with the guidelines.