Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonos integration

Sonos integration

There are no comprehensive podcast services on Sonos. I'd slap my grandma to get BP integrated with Sonos.
    Please allow me to crack an old lady! ;-)

Thanks!

I totally agree I would like to either sync my podcasts to sonos or just allow playback from my phone so that I can listen when I am back at home.

BeyondPod Team
    I don't have a Sonos system, but BeyondPod does store all downloaded episodes locally on the device in <sd card>/BeyondPod/Podcasts folder. Theoretically Sonos app should be able to pick them up from there. Another possibility may be if the Sonos app on the device is available as an External Player. You can then long press on an episode in BeyondPod and then select "Play in External Player" from the menu.

Thanks in fact I've found a solution. You can use bubbleupnp which allows you to stream straight from your phone to sonos. This means you don't lose track of which podcasts you have listened to.
    Last edited by jules_bike; 12-17-2014 at 03:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Perhaps not an optimal solution but I just use the Sonos app on my phone. It allows you to pick local media and there's a section there called Podcasts where all the podcasts from BeyondPod shows up. It is a bit limited in how it lists episodes and so on but it is easy to use.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    A bit more information:

We think Google and Sonos implemented the Google Music solution, but that's not available to 3rd party developers. None of the BeyondPod team have a Sonos to even try out any solution that may be achievable.

We'll see if there's any public API that can be used, but unless it is dead simple, it's unlikely to be incorporated into BP for those practical reasons.

Really, what you need is for Google/Sonos to get together and make it work on top on existing implementations (like Bluetooth, Chromecast or Miracast) so all apps can use it without each one having to do anything special (in much the same way that bluetooth works at the system level).

Just noticed something a little annoying when playing episodes downloaded by BeyondPod using the Sonos app. For mew episodes to appear in the Sonos app I have to restart my phone.

Might be of course be Sonos that does something wrong. Or maybe not, new episodes doesn't show up in Play Music either, Android 5.0 issue?
    Last edited by appel; 01-02-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Hi,

I just wanted to register my interest here to cast from Beyondpod to Sonos.

Thanks, Nev

-Love the updated version BTW!

...Is anyone able to post a link to the Sonos forums discussion on this? For some reason I'm unable to search their forums, thanks.

Just noticed this on Sonos help pages: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answe...dTIyMWRSYm0%3D

What does PocketCasts do to make it work? Perhaps BeyondPod could make some simple fix to fully support the "This mobile device" feature in the Sonos app?

Also noticed that new episodes downloaded by BeyondPod does not even show up over MTP. Related?