Thread: Filter & sort menus text & background almost same color.

Filter & sort menus text & background almost same color.

The text on the menus is white and the background of the options is an off white for the last two betas.

BeyondPod Team
    Thanks for reporting that. What version of Android are you using?

There is a known bug in the latest Android SDK that shows up only on Android IceCream Sandwich (4.0.4 and 4.0.5) where sub-menu text color is incorrectly set to white for the Light theme. We have a workaround for it that should fix that in the next BETA. For now you can just use the dark theme where the colors are correct.

Similarly, on my Samsung S4 mini, Android 4.4.2, BP 4.1.12, dark theme, if I tap the hardware menu button, then 'view logs', this menu is white background with VERY light gray lettering, too light to read. Starting from the three-dot menu button in the header (should it even be there, given the hardware button?) produces a readable 'view logs' menu.

Settings and submenus don't obey the theme (yet?). Yeah, the setting says 'main window', but I have to say it.

BeyondPod Team
    Thanks Dennis,

I did a bit of investigation based on your post and it turns out that that issue indeed affects the any sub-menus shown by the "hardware" menu buttons across multiple versions of Android (I initially thought it affects only ICS).
    We have a fix for this - if you have a chance, can you please give it a try to see if it woks on your S4 mini. You can get it from here.

The display of the "three dot" overflow menu is handled by Android - in older versions of Android (ICS and early JellyBean I think) it is hidden if you have a hardware menu, as of Android 4.3 it is shown even if you have hardware menu.

This is an unfortunate result of the rapid growth of Android over the last few years - there are multiple ways to do the same thing (like access the menus) and they work slightly differently.

Stefan

Yup, you nailed it. Menu all pretty now.

Once again, thanks for the quick attention!

I worry that Android will have a great shake-out in which they break a lot of older apps that aren't updated anymore, just to keep from supporting all the old APIs that they've published and abandoned.

My stock Galaxy S4 is no longer having the issue.

Btw, I'm running Android 4.4.4

BeyondPod Team
    Thanks for confirming it.

It looks like to a certain degree Android is bound to be similar to Windows where "dead end" features remained for many, many, many years to keep it backward compatible. The other bad thing is that with each new Android release more "features" become "dead-end" (like lock screen controls in Lollipop) so we always have something to worry about not working right.