Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controls for Android Wear

I would like to be able to use the fast-forward intervall function using the watch to skip ads.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    You get that by default - swipe from right to left on the watch face to access FF, REW, Vol up and Vol down buttons.

HTH
    Julie

I tried that, but it skips the entire episode. Can I change that behaviour?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Like other "remote" buttons, the watch controls appear to be headset buttons to BeyondPod, so the settings you want are in Player, Headset Button Actions. (Next and Previous buttons.)

HTH
    Julie

I wouldn't want to change the buttons on my headset.

I would like to use the extra functionality a SmartWatch can offer over the physical buttons on a headset: offer both skip and ff/rew. Just like I have on the phone itself.

An additional screen would be great, just like the regular music player does for thumbs up and down.

BeyondPod Team
    We actually tried to get this to work but with no success. Lollipop has a nice infrastructure (based on android.media.session.MediaSession) that provides a way to add many custom controls in addition to the standard transport controls. Unfortunately, Android wear for some unknown reason ignores any custom controls we provide.

This is really strange as Android Auto uses the same information we provide to show playback controls on the car screen and our "extra" controls show up there fine (we show the whole range including skip to end), but for some reason Android wear does not show anything past the next/previous/volume screen.

There is some kind of trick (...or maybe this works only for Thumbs Up/Down controls which were part of pre- Lollipop RemoteControl infrastructure), but at this point I am not sure what is the correct way to do that.

Thanks for the information. Let's hope Google fixes this problem.

Is there a bug tracker entry to star?