Thread: Widget settings?

Widget settings?

I can't seem to find the widget settings anymore (on 4.21). Used to be on Playlist and Widget Settings menu but now that menu is simply playlist settings and when I got into it there's nothing about widgets - or in any other menu in settings or advanced settings that I can see. ??

BeyondPod Team
    It was removed as it was somewhat redundant and rarely used - just remove and re-add the widget and it will show the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    It was removed as it was somewhat redundant and rarely used - just remove and re-add the widget and it will show the settings.
    Ok, so after trying this out, I think I may have discovered some bugs to this setup. Here's the issue:

First off, the only "settings" that you can set when adding the widget are the version of the widget (4x1 vs 3x2), and the background theme, that's it. You cannot set anything else independently of the app settings.

Now, the reason I want to have access to some settings is due to the fact that I use the widget on a custom lock screen app called Widget Locker, and I don't want to inadvertently tap the skip to end button and lose the episode I was just listening to (I have it set to delete an episode when I get to the end). Please note though that the same behavior I will explain below exhibits whether the widget is on the lock screen or is on just one of the regular screens in my Nova Launcher.

When you choose "long press" as the option for the skip to next track button, this works fine in the app itself, but on the widget, the button gets activated whether you do a long press or a short press. Maybe that's just a limitation to widgets? Maybe they don't support long taps? I don't know, but whatever the case is, it makes it very easy to accidentally hit and thus lose your current episode.

I thought that as a workaround I could just choose "hide" for the skip to end, but while this does hide the button in the app, it does not hide it in the widget. Instead, it replaces the normal semicircle icon with a more standard skip to end of track icon, which you can still activate with a short tap. That short tap also sends you to the next episode in the playlist, but at least for me it doesn't delete the episode you were on when the button was hit. So I guess I can live with this for now, but I don't think this makes much sense - I assume this is a bug that you guys just haven't been alerted to yet.

Levi