Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please bring back date/time on podcast list and playlists

Cool Please bring back date/time on podcast list and playlists

Please bring dates back to the podcast window and playlists. I know they are problematic, but without them you have to open each podcast's episode list to see when the most recent episode was ("new" doesn't really tell you much). The episode date also used to be displayed in the main playlist, but that has been removed as well, meaning you have to rely on whatever title the podcast author chooses if you wish to listen to back episodes in order.

In the podcast list (on the left), just stating that there are "new" episodes really doesn't say much, especially for often-updated news podcasts. You really need the date/time.

Even if it is sometimes entered wrong at the source, or there's a location-based time error, having the date/time is still better than not having it. At the very least, maybe give us the option of bringing it back. You cold bury it somewhere in the "Advanced Options" screen.

Other than that, this is easily the best podcast player on the market, on any platform.

Thank you!

+1.
    It used to show both durations and dates, and now it only shows durations.
    I really miss it. It was very helpful, and now it's gone :-(

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Could you please post a screenshot of where you'd like to see these? And what date you're asking for (date of latest episode in a feed / date of last update / something else)?

Thanks
    Julie

Interesting... something has changed.

Yesterday when I wrote that, there were no dates shown. Today, when I tried to go and get you the screenshot, the dates are there.
    I dont know if I somehow changed some setting, but I did not knowingly change anything related to this. Could it be a side effect of something else?

Im talking about the SmartPlay list.
    Each item yesterday was saying things like "68 min" .. and today it's saying "Apr 13 • 68 min" (Which is what I wanted to see).

*confused*

I think that for items published today it'll show the time and for older items it'll show the date.

Yesterday, for me it was definitely showing neither of those for any of my podcasts.
    I am 100% certain of this....
    But... whatever, it is working now, so I am happy...

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by appel View Post
    I think that for items published today it'll show the time and for older items it'll show the date.
    For items published today it says "Today"

Weird, now it doesn't show any published date or time for me either in the smartplay playlist, only time left or total time.

Screenshot_2015-04-17-16-22-07.jpg

BeyondPod Team
    Showing of dates on the feed list and playlist is internally tied to the "Allow hiding of Read or Played" setting.

The (not very strong) logic behind it is that both are "advanced" features and usually if you want the one, you want the other too so instead of having to separate settings BP uses the same setting for both.

Julie

Edit: The wording of the option will be updated in the next beta version to reflect this.
    Last edited by juwlz; 04-20-2015 at 11:22 AM.

I want to know how old episodes are and rarely if ever at all use the all published view. So for me those things are not connected, so having one setting for both makes little sense to me. ☺