Thread: Skip next button missing from notification bar/lock screen controls

Skip next button missing from notification bar/lock screen controls

The compact playback controls that show up on the notification bar and on the lock screen are suddenly missing the skip next button; instead I just see a number there, which seems to indicate the number of remaining items in the playlist. How do I get the button back? I didn't notice an option in Settings and I wasn't able to find anything related from searching the forums. Thanks!

In the current version (beta, perhaps?) it's a under Player Settings, but I think in earlier versions it was in Advanced Settings. Go to Settings, then hit the menu button again.

I'm using 3.x. I don't see it in Advanced Settings.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    You're looking for a setting relating to the Skip-to-End button (whether it should react to Short Press, Long press, or be hidden).

I'm fairly certain that both the placement and the organisation of the menu setting changed between 3.x and 4.x, and I can't remember where it used to be in 3.x, I'm afraid.

In 4.x, the setting only works in the Player view. The Skip to End / Next Episode button is always present in the notification and the widget.

Julie