Thread: Toggle Notification Icon and Player?

Toggle Notification Icon and Player?

I'd love to be able to remove the ongoing notification in the top bar when a podcast is playing and also the player in the pull-down notifications. Am I missing how to do it? Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    There is currently not an option for this. We will investigate the feasibility of adding an option to remove this.

Thanks
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by delfinparis View Post
    I'd love to be able to remove the ongoing notification in the top bar when a podcast is playing and also the player in the pull-down notifications. Am I missing how to do it? Thanks!
    Apps cannot have a foreground service without an ongoing notification which means that if you could turn it off playback would stop fairly quickly (depending on how much memory other apps that are running needs) after you've switched to a different app while listening to a podcast.

Not sure what happens if you disable notifications in Android for BeyondPod instead. You can do that in phone settings -> apps -> beyondpod -> uncheck Show notifications. Be aware that this turns off all notifications from an app.