Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: scheduled updates problem

Unfortunately my problems haven't all magically disappeared. It seems to sometimes update on schedule and sometimes not. It has been every other day for the past few. I have been through the logs and found nothing apart from the entry where Android loses the schedule.

Attached a couple of days from BeyondPodLog

The Android log is useless. I havent even managed to find a reference to the scheduled task.

I have Beyondpod running on my wifes phone. Exactly the same phone with the same utilities and almost the same apps, and it works perfectly. I have used Beyondpod for years, I like it and I think its probably the only app I have ever paid for. But if I cant get it to behave reliably I will have to look for an alternative. So any help how I can identify or correct the problem would be much appreciated. How about we fix this, and I'll withdraw my request for cake?

BeyondPodLog.txt

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I'll ask somebody to have a look at the log for you.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    Unfortunately, all the log shows is that the scheduled updates appear to have worked as expected.

The Android logs will only show WHEN BP loses (and restarts) the schedule. It can't identify what killed it, but presumably something on your device (either app or setup) appears to think that BP's scheduler shouldn't be running. Whether that's some sort of over-zealous virus checking app, or other similar process, we have no way of knowing. BP's just doing what Android tells it to do (and trying to recover as best it can).

I guess we need to find somebody else with a Huawei G6 with Android 4.3 who might be able to shed some light.

Julie
    Last edited by juwlz; 02-09-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks for looking into it Julie. Lets see if anyone else comes up with any ideas.

Hi guys. I'm new here. Been using BP for over a year without problem, but recently updated phone and am having problems.
    I'm trying to set my update schedules for early in the morning. The settings uses a 12 hour clock and I can't find where to set it to "am". It wants to download in early afternoon instead.
    Can someone please help.
    Cheers.

When I set an update time, the AM/PM is at the right side of the numbers, you just tap the one you want and it'll move into place. If you don't see this, can you post a screenshot of what you see?

BeyondPod Team
    Also, if you still have your old phone, you can backup its settings and transfer them to your new phone. See How to move BeyondPod to a new device in the Help pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    When I set an update time, the AM/PM is at the right side of the numbers, you just tap the one you want and it'll move into place. If you don't see this, can you post a screenshot of what you see?
    Hahaha -well that was embarrassingly simply - just had to rotate my screen to landscape and bingo, it appeared. Doh!!

Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Also, if you still have your old phone, you can backup its settings and transfer them to your new phone. See How to move BeyondPod to a new device in the Help pages.

Thanks juwiz, I probably should have done this as I ended up with downloads in two different places, but sorted now. Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    Still it should display AM/PM in portrait as well. Can you let us know specifically which device you have? Also version of BeyondPod?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    Hahaha -well that was embarrassingly simply - just had to rotate my screen to landscape and bingo, it appeared. Doh!!

Thanks so much.