Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smartplay playlist no longer available to other music players

That's part of what no longer works in 4.x. The external player only gets one item, not the playlist, and no metadata is available with it.

You wont get a playlist, but if you run for example https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n314.sdscanner after each time BeyondPod has downloaded new episodes all episodes should show up in all external players. I've tested with Play Music and Sonos. At least if you've checked "Episodes Visible in Music Player" in Advanced Settings. It is a bit cumbersome but as long as BeyondPod refuses to play by the rules there isn't much else we can do.

Running that tool has the added advantage that files will also show up correctly over MTP when the device is connected to a computer with USB.

OK, so moving the BeyondPod folder under "Music" on my SD card does indeed make all of its subfolders with mp3 podcasts in them visible to other music players. It is quite a pain to build the playlist without BP, though, because the standard player offers no control over the sort order (prefer reverse chronological, i.e. most recent first). Dragging individual tracks around to get most recent first does not work well, mainly because podcast names often give no clue about the broadcast date, but also because it's tedious if a lot have accumulated.

Where does BeyondPod put its playlist file for the SmartPlay list? I couldn't find either a .pla or .m3u anywhere obvious, like in the internal "Playlists" directory where others seemed to be.

Thanks appel for the media scanner suggestion.

BeyondPod Team
    BeyondPod does not generate and .pla or .m3u file. It stores the items on the main playlist internally. The smartplay playlists are actually generated on the fly using the criteria of the smartplay and then stored internally.

Thanks
    Bill