Thread: Ignore posts older than X years

Ignore posts older than X years

I like to listen to feeds in order

Unfortunately, many feeds have the entirety of the feed history in the rss file, however episodes created in 2009 are not relevent to me

At the moment i need to manually go through and mark each episode as "read" so i can skip it.

I would love to have a global setting (overridable per feed) that simply ignores any episode older than a certain time. Eg: 2 years ago etc

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

If you edit a feed, in the section called Advanced Settings, you'll find a button labelled Mark All as Downloaded, which should do what you want.

HTH
    Julie

Actually, I don't think that's what the OP asked for; I think that what's wanted is more like a "mark this and all older episodes as read/played". It's quite useful when (as the OP says) you subscribe to a feed with a long history and you'd like to listen to, perhaps, the last six months but not all six years of the feed.

That's exactly right Dennis.

Unfortunately, whilst the "mark all as downloaded" button can reduce the amount of manual processing that needs to happen (depending on the length of history that needs removing etc), it does not remove it

A global setting for all feeds of "ignore episodes older than" "X years" would remove the manual processing entirely
    Last edited by cirode; 03-02-2015 at 03:51 PM.